Job vacancy: building maintenance worker
St George’s Tufnell Park is looking for a friendly, reliable Building Maintenance Worker, to work ten hours a week to keep our church site a welcoming and safe space.
The role will involve:
Following a monthly schedule of works to keep the building safe and in good repair
Carrying out routine maintenance work e.g. changing lightbulbs, minor repair works
Clearing any rubbish around the site on a weekly basis
Watering plants weekly when necessary and keeping vegetation cut back tidily
Highlighting current or potential issues with the building and liaising with the Parish Administrator when contractors need to be involved
Occasional larger projects e.g. painting and decorating.
The successful candidate will be:
1. Reliable and hard working – have experience of seeing a job through from start to finish
2. Skilled in routine maintenance work
3. Able to lift and carry heavy items
4. Knowledgeable of health and safety issues and fire regulations
It would be desirable if the candidate has:
1. Skills in painting and decorating
2. Experience of carrying out maintenance for a church or other public building
3. Experience in the building industry
Remuneration: London Living Wage (currently £10.10 per hour)
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter by 15 November.