Church Weekend Away
We are really looking forward to our weekend away on 8-10 June at beautiful Othona, Bradwell-on-Sea.
We'll have the usual mix of:
- interesting sessions to learn and explore about our faith, both for adults and children;
- free time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings, including the beach;
- worship in the atmospheric 7th century chapel;
- delicious home-grown, home-cooked food;
- cabaret and quiz over drinks on Saturday night.
You can arrive any time on Friday afternoon, with the programme beginning with dinner at 7pm - and we'll head home after lunch on Sunday.
We're delighted that our speaker will be the Revd. Dr Sam Hole. Sam currently serves at St George the Martyr, beside Borough tube station. He trained for ordination in Cambridge, which included writing a PhD on the Spanish poet and reformer John of the Cross. Before that he taught history in London secondary schools. He is very much looking forward to getting married in August!