We're looking for a friendly, reliable Caretaker, to work four hours a week to keep our church site a welcoming and safe space.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out routine maintenance work e.g. changing lightbulbs, minor repair works
- Clearing any rubbish around the site on a weekly basis
- Watering plants weekly when necessary and keeping vegetation cut back tidily
- Highlighting current or potential issues with the building and liaising with the Parish Administrator when contractors need to be involved
- Occasional larger projects e.g. painting and decorating.
The successful candidate will be:
1. Reliable and hard working – have experience of seeing a job through from start to finish
2. Skilled in routine maintenance work
3. Able to lift and carry heavy items
4. Knowledgable of health and safety issues and fire regulations
It would be desirable if the candidate has:
1. Skills in painting and decorating
2. Experience of being a caretaker for a church or other public building
3. Experience in the building industry
Remuneration: London Living Wage (currently £9.75 per hour)
To apply: email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter by 15 November.